Web and Media compatibility Engineer
At Streamroot, we’re working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to bring high quality video to every corner of the world.
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe and the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups such as Canal+, Dailymotion, TF1, Eurosport and Russia Today.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms and now has offices in New York, Paris and Denver. Its 30 talented employees hail from 13 countries.
As a Web and Media Compatibility Engineer, you will have a vital role in our talented web and native team, dedicated to scaling our solution into more video players, towards our mission to become compatible with 100% of broadcasters’ traffic. You will take charge of developing new integrations layers for our core peer-to-peer module while maintaining and improving our product efficiency, creating simplified and more robust integrations.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic startup, with frequent team trips and events!
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problems and frameworks. Healthy dose of curiosity.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate projects with customers
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with compiled languages is a plus
- Experience with video streaming technology, especially media players (ExoPlayer, hls.js, dash.js…)
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common web development.
- Experience in integrating core products into third-party software, with direct contact with third-party developers.
- A true international startup, multinational environment;
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement.
- An unparallelled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you, so you’d be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment
- Ski trips, offsites abroad and axe throwing sessions on Wednesdays (well, not every week)