Technical Product Manager
Streamroot: Building the video delivery of tomorrow
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. Streamroot’s video delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was recently acquired by the technology leader CenturyLink, which has placed Streamroot’s product portfolio at the heart of its media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
Today Streamroot is a team of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1 and RTVE, we power over 25 million video sessions every day.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate candidate with a strong technical background to join our Product team. As one of our technical Product Manager, the future of our Products will lie in your hands: you will be responsible for building a Product Roadmap and pushing it to production!
By connecting all critical stakeholders (users, business, engineering, sales) you will establish sensible product requirements & architecture specifications for advanced features ranging from innovative data visualizations at scale to distributed p2p delivery improvements.
You will need to rely on your technical rigor and soft skills to build consensus and coordinate cross competence teams to ship outstanding products to our customers.
- Absorb the company vision, customer feedback, teams suggestions, market trends and any relevant data source to build a long term product vision and a roadmap to deliver it.
- Connect with all project stakeholders (engineers, business, users) to establish product requirements, technical feasibility, architecture specifications and project planning.
- Maintain a coherent user experience across our product portfolio
- Manage highly technical projects from idea to delivery: connect stakeholders to establish product requirements, technical feasibility, architecture specifications and project planning.
- Lead and align developments on our data pipeline, backend services and client side libraries to design and implement high value features for Streamroot and/or its customers
- Continuously improve our data analysis and customer support tools and processes, to provide better data services and reports to our customers
- Engineering or dual Engineering/Business Graduate
- 1+ year of experience in development (web, backend and data are all relevant)
- 1+ year of experience in Product Management or Project Management
- Great oral and written communication skills (High level summaries & in depth technical writing) for both English and French
- Great data analysis skills and a data driven mindset
- Technology enthusiast with a hacking mindset
- Ability to understand and question others problems (customers, teams, developers)
- Exceptional attention to details, rigorous.
- Quick learner that finds enjoyment in learning new skills.
- Company Values fit: Doer, great listener, can take (and provide) personal feedback, good work ethic, curious, desire to self improve, fun, humble, not scared of failure
Any of the following will be appreciated:
- Experience in a B2B startup
- Experience in the video industry
- Free coffee & fruit every day!
- Multiple team-building trips
- Multiple tech conference passes
- Great health care insurance
- A true international startup, with more than 16 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
If interested, fill out our application form: https://apply.workable.com/streamroot/j/7E0E897B46/
More about Streamroot https://www.welcometothejungle.co/companies/stream...