Solutions Architect - Media - North America
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video and download traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver content online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video and downloads to every corner of the world. Streamroot’s delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was recently acquired by the technology leader CenturyLink, which has placed Streamroot’s product portfolio at the heart of its media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
Today Streamroot is a team of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1 and RTVE, we power over 25 million video sessions every day.
As a Solutions Architect, you will join our Sales & Pre-sales team to become the technical voice of Streamroot both with customers and inside Centurylink. You will work closely with the Streamroot and CDN sales overlays to advance the Streamroot products throughout the whole sales cycle - first calls, demos, RFPs answers, PoC, to production. Working in a startup that has recently been acquired, you will gain valuable experience in a small, fast-paced environment that also has the resources and support of a larger multinational company.
You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
- Lead major projects with Tier 1 and Tier 2 broadcasters in the US and Latam, working hand in hand with the Streamroot Sales and Centurylink overlay teams.
- Understand the customer's needs and requirements and describe how Streamroot’s solutions will fit to the customer’s strategic advantage.
- Manage the technical components of these projects from the first contact to full-out implementation: help clients define specifications and requirements, define the scope and craft the solution with our product & dev teams, and help the client implement, debug, test and deploy the solution in production.
- Be the first contact and support in case of any integration, testing or production issues, and help managing our customer support workflow.
- Prepare and present regular account reviews with our key accounts, and regularly obtain as much information as possible about their growth and tech plans, in order to feed our product roadmap.
- Identify new product features and additional sales opportunities during trials and communicate these ideas to product and engineering teams.
- Onboard, manage and mentor the junior members of the pre-sales and support team.
- Become an international expert and reference in the video delivery industry: CDNs, peer-to-peer and multicast will become your topics of choice! Evangelize Streamroot, speak at conferences all over the world, and write insightful posts on our blog.
- 4+ years of successful pre-sales, support or technical consulting experience in the content delivery networks or online video platforms
- Experience in managing cross-cutting projects involving multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, action-oriented, capable of independently solving complex technical problems and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business audiences
- Flexibility in working hours (occasional modification of work hours and weekend obligations, especially during large sporting events)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication and presentation skills, mastery of an additional language is a plus.
- Hard worker, optimistic, resilient, proactive, embracing feedback and always eager to learn.
Any of the following skills will be greatly appreciated:
- Relevant B2B customer facing experience in streaming delivery technologies including encoding, server technologies, client and server playlists, and custom media player creation (DRM would be a plus).
- Experience with UNIX and one or more web development languages, methodologies, and/or architectures is a plus.
- Strong project lead and project management skills. Experience in scaling, training and mentoring a pre-sales team is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will bring a range of media company contacts.
Travelling: At least 3 conferences per year (inlcuding NAB in April), and an average of 4 to 8 days of traveling per month for other conferences and customer meetings.