Senior Sales Overlay UK, Streamroot CDN Mesh
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was recently acquired by the technology leader CenturyLink, which has placed Streamroot’s product portfolio at the heart of its media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
Today Streamroot is a team of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1 and RTVE, we power over 25 million video sessions every day.
CenturyLink is looking for a motivated sales executive to expand Streamroot’s footprint in the UK market. Working in a fast-paced “startup” environment, you will devise and execute strategies for the region, harness synergies with the CenturyLink CDN overlay & sales teams and proactively grow our revenue by forging strong relationships with new customers in the media & entertainment vertical and beyond. The successful candidate has a background in selling video delivery solutions to major media groups and a proven track record of outperforming targets. You are a confident self-starter with both business and technical savvy, and an ability to navigate complex organizations and technical workflows. Most importantly, you are an energetic and proactive individual who is ready to be a major growth driver for the CenturyLink and Streamroot products.
- Partner with existing Account Directors, Sales Directors in UK and General Managers in North America to discover opportunities, penetrate accounts, and close new business.
- Develop and manage customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business.
- Provide a continuous feedback loop to Product and Engineering for product enhancement and improvement.
- Continuous learning and development to maintain and increase knowledge of new media distribution technologies and selling points including enhancing your own and the incumbent sales force’s expertise in the company's content delivery products and solutions.
- Work with incumbent sales teams and internal resources to develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue.
- Develop sales in the designated target markets by identifying new opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer meetings.
- Use Salesforce.com to provide detailed weekly forecast funnels to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Identify new business, as well as upsell, cross-sell and resell opportunities to sustainably grow revenue across the region.
- Evangelize Streamroot and CenturyLink solutions in the region, building renown and trust in our services.
- 5+ years of successful sales and account management experience in media distribution, media software or a related field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or applicable years of experience.
- Proven track record of hitting revenue targets as well as hunting, prospecting and new account development.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Passion for technology and the ability to present complex products succinctly to both technical and business decision-makers in the media industry.
- Results- and process-driven mindset to effectively build a diversified opportunity funnel and identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills to move customers forward and close deals.
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- This is a sales and customer-facing role that typically requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- This role also requires a regular office presence in support of sales management and teams.
- 5 years of customer-facing sales or technical / solution architecture experience in a content delivery network (CDN) or digital media-focused company.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
Competitive salary and benefits; the opportunity to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with the support of a major technology leader.