Senior CDN Sales Overlay West Coast, CenturyLink-Streamroot
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, Content Distribution, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network.
As part of its commitment to innovation in content delivery network (CDN) services, CenturyLink recently acquired the video delivery startup Streamroot. Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. Today the Streamroot product portfolio is at the heart of CenturyLink’s media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
CenturyLink is looking for a motivated sales executive to expand Streamroot’s footprint in North America. Working in a fast-paced “startup” environment, you will devise and execute strategies for the region, harness synergies with the CenturyLink CDN overlay & sales teams and proactively grow our revenue by forging strong relationships with new customers in the media & entertainment vertical and beyond. The successful candidate has a background in selling video delivery solutions to major media groups and a proven track record of outperforming targets. You are a confident self-starter with both business and technical savvy, and an ability to navigate complex organizations and technical workflows. Most importantly, you are an energetic and proactive individual who is ready to be a major growth driver for the CenturyLink and Streamroot products.
- Partner with existing Account Directors, Sales Directors, and General Managers in North America to discover opportunities, penetrate accounts, and close new CDN business.
- Develop and manage customer relationships in order to gain strategic positioning with decision makers, retain existing revenue and obtain additional business.
- Provide a continuous feedback loop to Product and Engineering for product enhancement and improvement.
- Continuous learning and development to maintain and increase knowledge of new media distribution technologies and selling points including enhancing your own and the incumbent sales force’s expertise in the company's content delivery products and solutions.
- Work with incumbent sales teams and internal resources to develop and implement sales plans that provide clearly defined strategies, tactics and timeframes to maximize revenue.
- Develop sales in the designated target markets by identifying new opportunities with prospective enterprise customers headquartered in the region by cold calling, premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer meetings.
- Use Siebel & Salesforce.com to provide detailed weekly forecast funnels to meet or exceed sales quota requirements.
- Identify new business, as well as upsell, cross-sell and resell opportunities to sustainably grow revenue across the region.
- Evangelize Streamroot and CenturyLink solutions in the region, building renown and trust in our services.
- 10+ years of successful sales and account management experience in media distribution, media software or a related field.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or applicable years of experience.
- Proven track record of hitting revenue targets as well as hunting, prospecting and new account development.
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
- Passion for technology and the ability to present complex products succinctly to both technical and business decision-makers in the media industry.
- Results- and process-driven mindset to effectively build a diversified opportunity funnel and identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills to move customers forward and close deals.
- Self-motivated, proactive, results-oriented professional with an ability to work with minimum direction.
- This is a sales and customer-facing role that typically requires at least 50% or more of time conducting sales activities outside of the office.
- This role also requires a regular office presence in support of sales management and teams.
- 5 years of customer-facing sales or technical / solution architecture experience in a content delivery network (CDN) or digital media-focused company.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/.
Competitive salary and benefits; the opportunity to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with the support of a major technology leader.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.