Scalability and Reliability Engineer - SRE
Streamroot: Building the video delivery of tomorrow
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch billions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%.
Today Streamroot is a team of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1 and RTVE, we power over 25 million video sessions every day.
As a Scalability and Reliability Engineer, you will join our technical team to operate and scale the backend of our peer-to-peer and multi-CDN products, as well as our data analytics platform. Today, we have multiple Kubernetes clusters with dozens of nodes in production spread over multiple availability zones in the Cloud and on bare metal servers. At peak, we support millions of concurrent connections and tens of thousands of requests per second, and our goal is to triple this number in the next three years.
We are looking for a performance-oriented engineer who can balance the risks of unavailability of the services with the goal of rapid innovation. You will work on cross-team projects and collaborate closely with our client-side teams to build the most efficient and robust peer-to-peer video delivery solution on the market. Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, professional development and accountability. And last but not least, you’ll enjoy frequent trips and team events.
- Build a scalable and available infrastructure able to support millions of real-time concurrent connections to our servers, as well as tens of thousands of new connections per second.
- Work with our data engineers to scale our big data analytics platform (Kafka, Flink, Druid, Hadoop).
- Manage & maintain our server fleet containing dozens of instances.
- Continuously improve our server performances and CI/CD.
- Automate our build deployment processes with tools such as Ansible.
- Work in a challenging and fulfilling technical environment with constant support and mentoring, code reviews and unit testing.
- You can contribute on the development of the micro-services (Go, Rust)
If you are interested in learning more about our scaling journey over the past few months and you wish to dig more into the technical details, have a look at some of our recent talks and blog posts:
- Experience in software development and devOps
- 3+ years of industry experience with Linux or other Unix-like flavor languages
- Experience working with systems operating at scale with cloud native components (Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, etc.) and cloud providers in general (Google cloud and AWS preferred).
- Analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- Experience with Go,Rust, Terraform and/or Kubernetes
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
Any of the following skills will be greatly appreciated:
- Extensive experience in infrastructure and cloud engineering
- Experience with load balancing tools like Nginx and auto-scaling strategies
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible
- Experience managing cloud or dedicated hosting infrastructures
- A true international startup, with more than 16 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement.
- Open for Remote as well.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment