R&D Software Engineer
Since 2019, Streamroot is part of the Lumen Application Delivery services – we have become one of the largest Content Delivery Networks in the world. We deliver thousands of Petabytes of video, games and files every day to the biggest internet content companies, like Disney, DAZN, Blizzard or Microsoft. Our goal is to provide the fastest and most reliable delivery experience to end-users all around the world, by leveraging our network and caching infrastructure, as well as client-side optimization technologies like our Mesh delivery product.
Today, with Lumen’s global teams of nearly 45,000 employees, we are a division of 50 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, London, New York, Denver, and more.
As a R&D software engineer, you will join our core R&D team working on our Delivery technology and the peer-to-peer module and algorithms. You will design, implement and analyse advanced distributed systems features, with the goal of making it more efficient on all platforms (web, mobile, Set-Top-Boxes, etc). You will also work on the hard challenge of always improving the quality of service for the users, and will be able to push code that will be used by millions of concurrent users every night. Finally, you will help us to create new Delivery advanced distributed systems solutions for other platforms and use-cases, to expand our successful solution into new markets.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Lumen if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic company, with frequent team trips and events!
- Quickly understand and master the technical details of our peer-to-peer system and distributed systems.
- Drive Data analysis and R&D initiative, with A/B testing.
- Build and improve the peer-to-peer protocol and algorithms to improve the overall system performances.
- Work together with other team members in order to ship good-quality code : code review, pair programming sessions, continuous integration, etc.
- Complete our datasets with new metrics, new dimensions and build tools to analyse those datasets.
- Mathematics & statistics fundamentals
- Excellent Data analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset.
- Experience in software development - Ability to quickly adapt to new problems and frameworks. Healthy dose of curiosity.
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Fluent in English
- A true international, remote-friendly company, with more than 16 different nationalities in our Paris office.
- Office in the heart of Paris, 1er arrondissement.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.