QA & Support Engineer Internship
At Streamroot, we’re working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to bring high quality video to every corner of the world. With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe and the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups such as Canal+, Dailymotion, TF1, Eurosport and Russia Today.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms and now has offices in New York, Paris and Denver. Its 30 talented employees hail from 13 countries.
As a QA and Support Intern, you will join our engineering team to help us deliver our products and features at a fast pace, while reaching the highest possible levels of quality by:
- handling the Quality Assurance process for each of our new features, and improving it by automating it more and more over time.
- working closely with different engineering and support teams to maintain and improve the QA and release of the streamroot product.
- working hand-in-hand with our Peer 2 Peer and SDK developers teams to improve the testing and the product quality.
- Design, develop a testing tools.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic startup, with frequent team trips and events!
- Hard working, fast learner, embracing feedback and constant self-improvement.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Team-player.
- Sound knowledge of HTTP and web development best practices.
- Curious and open-minded, comfortable sharing knowledge and able to create synergies between different teams.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- A true international startup, multinational environment
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement
- An unparallelled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you, so you’d be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment
- Ski trips, offsites abroad and axe throwing sessions on Wednesdays (well, not every week)
- Possibility of a full-time position for outstanding internship performances
- Starting date: ASAP. 6 months.
More about Streamroot