Peer-to-Peer Software Engineer
Streamroot: building the video delivery of tomorrow
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. Streamroot’s video delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was recently acquired by the technology leader CenturyLink, which has placed Streamroot’s product portfolio at the heart of its media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
Today Streamroot is a team of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York, and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1, and RTVE, we power over 25 million video sessions every day.
As a P2P software engineer, you will join our core R&D team working on our peer-to-peer module and algorithms. You will design, implement and analyse advanced distributed systems features, with the goal of making it more efficient on all platforms (web, mobile, Set-Top-Boxes, etc). You will also work on the hard challenge of always improving the quality of service for the users, and will be able to push code that will be used by millions of concurrent users every night. Finally, you will help us to create new peer-to-peer solutions for other platforms and use-cases, to expand our successful solution into new markets.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic startup, with frequent team trips and events!
- Mathematics & statistics fundamentals
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- 3+ years of experience in software development - the following languages being a plus: C++.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problems and frameworks. Healthy dose of curiosity
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with compiled languages, C++ being a plus
- Theoretical knowledge or experience with peer-to-peer systems or distributed systems.
- Experience with video streaming technology, especially media players (ExoPlayer, hls.js, dash.js…)
- A true international startup, with more than 16 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 9ème arrondissement.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment
Starting ASAP in Paris, FR.