Media and Test Automation Engineer
Acquired by Lumen Technologies in 2019, Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver content online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. Our content delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was acquired by the technology leader Lumen, which has placed our products at the center of an innovative portfolio of media delivery solutions alongside a global CDN and IP backbone.
Today, with Lumen’s global teams of nearly 45,000 employees, we are a division of 40 passionate engineers, business, and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York, and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1, and France TV, we power billions of video sessions every year.
As a Media and Test Automation Engineer you will join our engineering team to help us deliver our products and features at a fast pace, while reaching the highest possible levels of quality by:
- building tools and automation allowing emulation of complex network and video streaming scenarios
- handling the Tests and Quality Assurance process for each of our new features, and improving it by automating it more and more over time
- working hand-in-hand with our Peer 2 Peer and SDK developers teams to improve testing and product quality
- collaborating with product and support teams to reproduce and troubleshoot customers issues
- Design, develop and maintain scalable and highly available Media and QA testing tools for the P2P components and video player technology
- Lead and maintain testing processes (custom tools, third-party services, procedures) and improve them to ease release cycles and transform source code into viable products
- Coordinate engineering workflows with Streamroot’s engineering leads to increase visibility on quality-related topics and redefine the quality ownership model in the company
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Maintain a good level of the documentation
- Diligent and open communication with other team members, product & pre-sales
- 1+ year in software engineering / system administration
- DevOps culture and familiarity with modern software engineering tools:
- Distributed source code management (e.g., git)
- Build automation (Cloud build, Jenkins, Travis-CI, Circle-CI)
- Configuration management (Salt and/or Ansible, Docker)
- Experience with UNIX and one or more programming languages, framework, methodologies, and/or architectures is a plus
- Good communication skills and teamwork: an excellent listener, as well as ability to provide clear and organised documentation for all work performed
- Curious and open-minded, comfortable sharing knowledge and able to create synergies between different teams
- Affinity for video/media streaming topics and/or understanding of media formats and protocols (HLS, DASH, MP4…)
- Sensitive to infrastructure/network topics and IaaC (Kubernetes, Terraform…)
- Knowledge of test and automation tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cypress, Puppeeter, Charles Proxy…
- Good understanding of web development environment (browsers, HTTP standards, security…)
- Mobile development experience (Kotlin, Swift, Objective C)
- Experience with GCP and/or AWS
- A true international startup, with more than 10 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 2eme arrondissement.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you, and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground-level opportunity in a growth environment
- Starting ASAP in Paris, FR.