Media and SDK Engineer
Streamroot: building the video delivery of tomorrow
At Streamroot, we’re working to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to bring high quality video to every corner of the world.
With a hybrid peer-to-peer solution to video streaming, Streamroot helps online broadcasters improve quality of service, scale to growing audiences and cut bandwidth costs by up to 70%. Market leaders in both Europe and the US, Streamroot powers over 500 million video sessions every month. Our growing customer base includes premier media groups such as Canal+, Dailymotion, Eurosport and Russia Today.
Founded in 2013 by three engineers from Ecole Centrale Paris, Streamroot is backed by renowned VC firms and now has offices in New York, Paris and Buenos Aires. Its 30 talented employees hail from 13 countries.
As a Media SDK Engineer, you will join our Devices & Integrations team to help us increase the reach of our solution to more video players and platforms (iOS, Android mobile & TV, AppleTV, Playstation, etc). You will focus on greatly simplifying the interface of our core p2p module and our integrations, on every device, while adding support for new players, features and formats. You will lead customer integrations of our SDKs, working closely with our clients to ensure successful deployment and complete satisfaction.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic startup, with frequent team trips and events!
- 1+ year of experience with another object-oriented language (JS, Swift, Java being a plus)
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problems and frameworks. Healthy dose of curiosity.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with developers and across the company
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate projects with customers
- Fluent in English
- 1+ year of experience on a second mobile development platform
- Experience designing and developing non user-facing projects, like dev libraries or SDKs
- Experience with video streaming technology, especially media players (ExoPlayer, hls.js, dash.js…)
- Experience in integrating core products into third-party software, with direct contact with third-party developers
Compensation: salary + equity package based on skills and experience.Free fruits & coffee everyday!
Starting ASAP in Paris, FR.