Media and SDK Engineer
Acquired by Lumen Technologies in 2019, Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver content online, to create more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world. Our content delivery technologies allow online content providers to improve performance for viewers by providing a real-time view of the conditions of each user device and thereby adapting video delivery to every viewer.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was acquired by the technology leader Lumen, which has placed our products at the center of an innovative portfolio of media delivery solutions alongside a global CDN and IP backbone.
Today, with Lumen’s global teams of nearly 45,000 employees, we are a division of 40 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver. With an expanding customer base that includes media groups like Canal+, TF1 and RTVE, we power billions of video sessions every year.
As a Media SDK Engineer, you will join our Devices & Integrations team to help us increase the reach of our solution to more video players and platforms (iOS, Android mobile & TV, AppleTV, Playstation, etc). You will focus on greatly simplifying the interface of our core p2p module and our integrations, on every device, while adding support for new players, features and formats. You will lead customer integrations of our SDKs, working closely with our clients to ensure successful deployment and complete satisfaction.
Most importantly, you will grow in a development environment where we foster initiative, collaboration and accountability. You will thrive at Streamroot if you are passionate, self-motivated and proactive. You are always seeking to learn, are open to taking and giving feedback, and firmly believe that success is achieved in seeking ever-higher levels of engineering quality.
And last but not least, you’ll enjoy all the perks of being in a dynamic startup, with frequent team trips and events!
- 2+ years of experience on C++, iOS or Android development
- 1+ year of experience with another object-oriented language (JS, Swift, Java being a plus)
- Ability to quickly adapt to new problems and frameworks. Healthy dose of curiosity.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills, a proactive problem solving mindset
- Good understanding of development best practices, as well as common architecture principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with developers and across the company
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate projects with customers
- Fluent in English
- 1+ year of experience on a second mobile development platform
- Experience designing and developing non user-facing projects, like dev libraries or SDKs
- Experience with video streaming technology, especially media players (ExoPlayer, hls.js, dash.js…)
- Experience in integrating core products into third-party software, with direct contact with third-party developers
- A true international startup, with more than 16 different nationalities in our Paris office
- Office in the heart of Paris, 2ème arrondissement.
- Open for Remote as well.
- An unparalleled learning experience: we’ll give you the tools, train you and coach you so you’ll be able to work independently. You’ll be given full responsibility for your projects.
- A ground level opportunity in a hyper-growth environment
Starting ASAP in Paris, FR.