Lead Technical Product Marketer
The Application and Content Delivery?arm?of Lumen Technologies, we build powerful?solutions?to deliver, secure and optimize the online experience. Our global content delivery network, programmable edge, multi-layer?application?security and video acquisition & processing technologies are designed to help the largest media companies, game developers, e-commerce sites and businesses across the globe to grow their businesses with differentiated?online?experiences.?If you have browsed a website, streamed video, or played a video game in the past month, chances are you’ve used our services without even knowing it!?
Within the larger Lumen organization, the?Application and Content Delivery?team is made up of 200 professionals?working across the?world. Our engineering teams are based in Paris, Los Angeles, and Denver, while product management and marketing are spread over cities?such as?New York, London, and Singapore.?A truly global team!
We are looking for a Lead Technical Product Marketer to promote our expanding product line to developers and C-levels alike. You will develop and execute a holistic marketing strategy for each product, including high quality messaging across all phases of the customer journey. You will support our sales teams and channel partners with training and tools and will support users of our products with excellent documentation. Both a strong writer and a technologist, you are able to distill complex concepts into quality communications with the appropriate amount of detail for the given stakeholder: technical users, business decision-makers, internal sales professionals, etc. Lastly, you have a strategic mindset and are eager to use your writing skills to drive growth in our revenues across product lines.
- Product marketing: Ensure successful product?launches to all key stakeholders by defining the scope / actions necessary and producing the appropriate content (white papers, sales decks, blogs, product demos, feature releases, technical brochures, etc.)
- Documentation: Prepare, review and maintain customer-facing technical documentation, determining the clearest and most logical and consumable way to present information.
- Internal / external evangelization: Guide all messaging around the portfolio as the subject matter expert. Lead initiatives with marketing and technology partners; produce podcasts and webinars; conduct developer evangelization initiatives (digital / physical).
- Digital marketing support: produce product-oriented content for newsletters, social media, and other campaigns.
- Enablement: train internal and channel teams to understand, present, and position the products.
- Customer references: identify and work with sales teams on potential customer use cases,?references for RFP,?NPS surveys,?etc.?
- Market intelligence: assist product managers in conducting market intelligence, particularly with a view to producing competitor and feature comparisons
- Editing: Review and copyedit content developed by other members of the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ideally 2+ years of experience a software engineering or technically focused role, plus 2+ years of experience in a technical writing, journalism, or product marketing role (equivalent relevant experience may be considered)
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end product marketing or documentation creation process
- Keen technical understanding of cloud and content delivery technologies, ability to work with and read programming code
- Experience creating infographics to communicate workflow processes and abstract topics clearly
- Analytical and strategic mindset, proactive attitude and an eye for high value initiatives.
Writing assessment and/or samples will be requested.
Location: Flexible within the US and Europe.
Attractive salary and benefits, a close-knit and dynamic team!