Finance and Operations Intern
Streamroot works to overcome one of the biggest challenges facing the internet today: the explosion of video traffic. Our goal is to redesign the way we deliver video online, to create a more robust, cost-effective infrastructures, and to touch millions of internet users by bringing quality video to every corner of the world.
Founded in 2013, Streamroot pioneered device-side delivery technologies and quickly became a market leader for its mesh network and multi-CDN solutions. The company was backed by major venture funds and was recently acquired by the technology leader CenturyLink, which has placed Streamroot’s product portfolio at the heart of its media delivery solutions alongside its global CDN and IP backbone.
Today Streamroot is a team of 35 passionate engineers, business and marketing professionals from 15 different nationalities, spread across offices in Paris, New York and Denver.
Streamroot is seeking a creative, high-energy and proactive Finance and Operations intern to help us build our financial planning and budgeting strategy, lead a variety of strategic analyses and contribute to high-value operational projects.
This is a hands-on experience on how finance, accounting and operations are conducted within a high-tech startup. It is an excellent stepping stone for students who aim to one day start their own business. You will acquire both deep financial understanding as well as gain day-to-day operational experience to see what it really means to manage a company.
In addition to managing our business’s cash flow, creating KPI reports and performing financial analysis, you will be given immediate responsibility to help us run a growing business. Working directly with the CEO and COO, you will enjoy significant leverage to expand our current finance strategy and build tools to better analyse our actions. You will also be involved in running our company’s operations, such as moving to new offices and organizing our next offsite. Initiative and a proactive work ethic are highly valued!
- Manage and update budget documents as well as financial projections for executive reporting.
- Work directly with the VP level management and Streamroot co-founders to improve our reporting process to our parent company.
- Collaborate with the management team to implement data-driven improvements and reporting processes, helping them develop and monitor departmental and company-wide KPIs.
- Improve our invoicing processes and tools and link them to our financial forecasts.
- In direct contact with customers, lead invoicing and cash recovery.
- Contribute to the migration of our accounting / HR system to CenturyLink SAP CRM.
- Handle major company HR and Operations projects, like moving to a new 500m² office, organisation of our annual offsite, and more.
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Bachelor’s degree from a top ranked Business/Engineering school with an interest in finance, international business and the media & telecommunication industry
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint & Google presentation, Microsoft Excel & Google Spreadsheet
- Autonomous, dynamic, and passionate about startups and technology
- Eye for quality and attention to detail, especially for reporting and analysis
- Native or bilingual proficiency in written English and overall excellent communication skills
Start date: July 2020 for at least 5 months.
You will grow in a fun and dynamic work environment where we foster openness and initiative, with frequent team events and trips throughout the year. Tickets restaurants and transportation fees offered by the company.